Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: McAfee Enterprise 8.0i Blocks IRC Ports by Default  (Read 6144 times)
Aftrdark
Legend in his own mind

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 12, 2005, 09:11:21 AM »

Hey all,

Just got my hands on the new version of McAfee VirusScan Enterprise ( 8.0i ) at work and while perusing some of the new features, I noticed one called Port Blocking which was of interest.  I did an upgrade installation, choosing to maintain my previous settings, so this port blocking stuff happens right out of the box.  IRC ports 6666-6669 are blocked both inbound and outbound.  To verify and/or modify these settings, right click the  McAfee " V " and select VirusScan Console.  Double click Access Protection and review the port blocking rules.

I'm not sure about any differences in this area between Enterprise and the regular home versions, but I wanted to bring it up in case anyone experienced some unexpected difficulties connecting to IRC networks.

~ Aftrdark

kk_aftrdark@yahoo.com

There are too many people, and too few human beings.     -- Robert Zend
smither$

smithers@jecx.net untouchable4485
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 11:40:18 PM »

Thanks Aftr, I just got mirc again and after looking on the mirc forums forever I decided to see if there was anything on this forum and you solved my problem in 2 seconds.  :crwd

And when I need to free my mind
I can find, satisfaction in a bag of weed
Everything I need, leave it to the trees
dk
Kalikop-Best HW Ever
Post Whore

SteveJr47
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 07:35:06 AM »

yeah i found this out at the beginning of the year bc my school requires antivirus sotfware and i got mcafee

R.I.P. KingRam
Aftrdark
Legend in his own mind

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 12:36:11 PM »

Quote from: "smither$"
Thanks Aftr, I just got mirc again and after looking on the mirc forums forever I decided to see if there was anything on this forum and you solved my problem in 2 seconds.  :crwd

Glad to help! Cheesy

~ Aftrdark

kk_aftrdark@yahoo.com

There are too many people, and too few human beings.     -- Robert Zend
Man Whore
KaliKop
Post Whore

alfmesa@hotmail.com djsmoothalf djsmoothal
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 10:27:24 AM »

You're such the savior!   Wink

MW  Wink